Saturday, November 26, 2011

''Readers, this is the beginning of a beautiful Bloggership''

^^ I really wanted to kick off with some sort of famous quote. Casablanca seemed appropriate! (:

So if you don't already know me, my name's Alexis. I am 16 years old, a junior in high school.
I am apart of the theatre and choir department (LOVE performing arts).
But my one true passion is cinema. Many of my friends don't know this about me, but I am a complete movie buff. I watch every movie someone suggests to me, and love to critique them. Movie discussions are the best!

Even as a kid, I wouldn't have what adults would call 'normal' conversations. I would, as a 3-5 year old, speak in movie quotes. I was in love with cinema early on! (:

One of my most prized possessions is a book I FINALLY bought for myself over the summer, 1001 Movies to see Before You Die. I admit, I had only seen maybe 50 of them. But since I got the book, I've seen over 40 new movies, most of which I've enjoyed. But I'm definitely not afraid to say I don't like something.

A few months ago, I started thinking about college. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life, after high school. I knew I loved cinema, but I knew I didn't have the looks of a Hollywood actress, the music abilities to be a composer, or the guts to be a director. Then it hit me: Film Critic.

I am so sure of this, I can't believe I didn't think of it years ago.
But I am set now, and my ultimate goal in life is to be on the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. I am DETERMINED beyond all reason to make it.

So, this is where my journey begins. This blog. I've never really written a film critique before, and I'm a little nervous I'll admit. We all have a beginning though. And this, my friends, is mine. (:


Movie Fun Fact: My 1st Favorite Movie as a baby/toddler was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment